Please read before emailing!
Email below this FAQ.
Question 1: Are commissions open and how do I apply?
Answer: Commission openings will be posted on the Facebook page, Twitter, and instagram. It will also be posted in this website. You can apply by clicking the link that will be posted on the mediums, which will take you to an application form. It is not a first come first serve application, but there will be a deadline for submissions.
Question 2: Can I send you a picture of my character for a custom quote?
Answer: Not at the moment, I am not open for quotes. Please go HERE for a price guide.
Question 3: Can I reserve and pay for a slot for when you do open?
Answer: That is not how my application or business works, I do not sell slot positions.
Question 4: Will I be guaranteed a costume slot if my application goes through?
Answer: As much as it destroys me to turn people down, I do not operate on a first come first serve basis. This is because I pick which designs I want to work on and which designs I believe will look great in my style / method of making. Being turned down does not mean I do not like your design, it may mean I simply don't want to make it.
Things I look for in a design and application:
- A well written and thought out application form.
- A clear reference of the character in question with a strong idea of concept and direction the client wishes me to go in.
- On the other hand, I am looking for artistic liberty suits. These will be done on an 'offer me a price' basis.
- Interesting, scary, gory, unique, tricky and extravagant designs will have more of a chance to go through.
- I am wanting to do a belly suit, so will be looking for that opportunity!
- WEREWOLVES. MYTHICAL CREATURES. DEMONS.
- Silicone drool, skin and gore effects. This does not require lots of mold making, therefore I am more than happy to do this.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for the extra effects and will be happy to push the boat out with me, as i'm wanting to push myself.
- Unique species, uncommon species and hybrids.
- Mutations, extra parts, double jaws, double faces, scars.
- Long fur accents, manes and mohawks with the NFT fur upgrade.
Things I am not looking for:
- A very blank and hastily written application form. Take your time.
- Begging, guilt tripping or persuasive language. This is extremely hard for me as it is, as I want to make one for everyone who wants one. But I cannot, therefore I must be picky and choose the designs that I believe will steer my business in the direction I want it to go. It will break my heart to turn people down, please don't make it harder for me.
- I do not wish to be making basic designs, for example, a standard fox. I may make an exception if the fox is a zombie, or has a particular horror direction in mind.
- Cute characters. I may make an exception if I am very fond of the idea or design. But this is rare.
- Speaker systems and voice changers. I cannot offer these at my current skill level.
- Huge wings, I am not at a point where I can offer these confidently.
- Requests for custom resin and silicone sculpted parts made by myself. I can outsource these parts but cannot offer them made by myself at this time.
- Long payment plans. From the date of deposit paid, it should take no longer than18 months+.
- Designs that look like Bass.
- Protogens, I cannot facilitate those at my current skill level and knowledge.
Question 5: Can you help me design my character, or advise me on how to design a character?
Answer: No, this is not a service I offer paid or for free. The best thing to do is to look for inspiration and find what resonates with you. Or hire an artist who does character design on commission.
Question 6: Can I commission you if I am under the age of 18?
Answer: Those who are under the age of 18 are unable to sign the contract with me. However, if you are aged 16 to 17, you may get a parent or guardian to sign and pay for you. If you are 15 and under, I cannot accept any custom commission work from you.
Question 7: Can I make a suit with speakers in, or a voice changer?
Answer: Of course you can, it is not my concept to own! The only thing I ask of you, is to not make a design that looks like Bass. This includes taking the key anatomical traits that Bass has, as Bass is not part of a species.
Question 8: Can we talk and be friends?
Answer: These emails make me feel quite guilty and uncomfortable, as I have to turn them down. I appreciate the good intentions but I much prefer to make friends in person. Please bare in mind that you do not know me, and just because we may share some interests, does not mean we would be great friends.
Question 9: Is Bass an open or closed species?
Answer: Neither, Bass is a stand alone character. Please refrain from trying to make a character tied to Bass.
Question 10: Are you open for artwork commissions?
Answer: No, I open VERY rarely because my main job is costume creation and merchandise. The best way to get hold of my artwork, is to look for merchandise openings. :)
Question 11: Can you teach me or advise me on costume production or other creative skills?
Answer: If it is a specific issue, yes, pease do feel free to ask. If it is a more broad question, look for tutorials online, of which there is a plethora of online. I do not have time to explain everything I know.
Question 12: Can you tell me how to install and make speakers systems.
Answer: No I cannot, how I do it is not advised and I am still looking for other methods.
Question 13: I have found an account that I am suspicious about or I want to know if it is you.
Answer: This is a list of my active accounts on medias:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/beautyofthebasscreations/
Furaffinity under beautyofthebass.
Tiktok (inactive but I have ONE account.):
Telegram. BeautyoftheBass (Please do not add without prompt.)
Discord: SmilingBass #8775 (Please do not add without prompt.)
If you find an account that is not one of these, and is claiming to be me. Please let me know. Thankyou!
Question 14: I think someone is copying or claiming your work.
Answer: Email me immediately. Especially if they are trying to profit. I can issue a cease and desist. Thankyou.
Question 15: Where can I see you? Which conventions / events will you be attending?
Answer: I live in the UK, so I try to do as many events here as possible. I will always do Confuzzled here in the UK. When I go to meets and MCMs, I will post on my medias when I attend them.
Regarding international conventions and events, I want to do as many as I can, however I struggle to afford this. Fur out West 2020 in Western Australia was kind enough to have me as guest of honour, hence why I was able to attend! I will see what I can do with other conventions.
Question 16: My merchandise has not arrived yet, please advise.
Answer: Please send me an email with your order number or name.